Monday 7 January 2013

Write a story about how your efforts to help turned out unexpected results. By YaoCong


 Whenever I walk past Tengah Avenue, a quiet street near my house, I will remember the fateful day that I had been scammed by a bunch of my schoolmates. I can still remember that time when my eyes glinted with resentment as hot tears rolled down my cheeks.
In the family, I was an obedient and helpful boy. Furthermore, I was the apple of my mother’s eye and the pride of my family. It was because  I had done well in the school preliminary examinations and was well prepared for the upcoming O level examinations. As usual, my mother was proud of me and I never failed to make her smile.
Time flew fast - in two weeks time it would be the start of the O level examinations. Due to the upcoming examinations, I had decided to stay behind in school to revise. As I was engrossed in my revision, time flew past. Suddenly, I realized that it was already 6.20pm. Then I recalled the school gate closed at 6.30pm. Without hesitation, I quickly packed my stuff and darted for the school gate. Fortunately, I managed to get out in a nick of time.
As it was already so late, I had decided to take a shortcut home. However, I had heard rumors of people hearing strange noises in Tengah Avenue. While walking pass the eerie void deck with the flickering lights, my mind raced with wild thoughts. Out of the silence, I heard a frantic scream. My heart skipped a beat as I crept silently towards the sound. To my surprise, I saw a bunch of my school mates bullying a lower secondary student.
“You better return us the money or else …,” he threatened in a cold hard voice.
As a helpful boy, I shouted, “How much does he owe you, I will pay his debt.”
“$50 ! Hurry up or we’ll beat him till he bleeds,” the pig faced bully snorted. I darted to the nearest bank machine and withdrew $50 for him. The small boy squealed with delight and thanked me profusely. I flashed a grin and skipped home joyfully.
Soon, it was 10pm. As usual I came out of my room and watched the daily news. To my surprise, it was a report about a bunch of teenagers wearing school uniforms scamming money from people. When I saw the news, I buried my face in my hands and sighed.
 After much thought about the incident, I felt that I was too gullible and kind. However, I knew that there were people who required my help. Therefore, I hoped that I would never be scammed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment